The Green Clover

Thursday, July 05, 2007

THREE SHORT ONES




“In this short Life”

In this short Life
That only lasts an hour
How much – how little- is
Within our power.

-Emily Dickinson




“First Fig”

My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends
It gives a lovely light

-Edna St. Vincent Millay




“A man said to the universe”

A man said to the universe;
“Sir, I exist!”
“However,” replied the universe,
“The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation.”

-Stephen Crane

Oh.... writers block is so rare, but it's usually only brought on by a horrible head cold, which I now have.
Can't think. Can't write. Can't rhyme. Can only respond.
But I can still appreciate... If only my nose would stop running...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

website stats