The Green Clover

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

My New Favorite Art Piece




I recently discovered this amazing new piece on my visit home. It’s called, “Will’s Special Place,” and it is by the new hot artist, my nephew, William Henry. A mere eight-years old when he first created it, this now sophisticated nine-year old enjoys art, engineering and training his new dog, Doby.



The theme of this assignment was “My Special Place.” Everyone in Will’s class was asked to make a drawing of their favorite place. The artist chose his grandpa’s recliner with one of grandma’s quilts over him. Although he created the piece in oil pastels, his favorite tool of choice is pencils. When asked what he liked about art, he replied, “A lot of stuff.”
What I like about this piece is not only the colors, but also the composition. The angles and shading are fantastic! The depth perception is particularly impressive. Even the artist himself had to say about his work, “Yeah, I did a good job.”




Words to live by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

website stats