The Green Clover

Friday, January 05, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR





Another year up in smoke, thank god. I threw my complaints into the Mid City bonfire again this year in a futile attempt to eliminate them. It is apparent that I need a better system because it never seems to work. Acid?

Still, it's fun to be out and about with hundreds of drunk individuals wielding fireworks. Every year I go, I am amazed I can still see out of both of my eyes and a large section of my hair isn't burned off.

Right now, I just want to pray for clear skies so I can get outside and finish my photography project. Oh, that and a camera that works.

Meanwhile....

A Gallery for Fine Photography on 241 Chartes Street is showing a collection of Diane Arbus photographs through Feb. Thursday to Monday 12-4. "My favorite thing is to go where I have never gone." DA

Savion Glover is coming back!!!! I saw him in the spring of 2005 and he was amazing. I was able to check off a list of things I have always wanted to do/see. He will be here January 25th at McAlister Auditorium. He is a genius and I advise everyone to go and see him. I will be purchasing my Tickets today.

The Historic New Orleans Collection Exhibit at the Williams Gallery on 533 Royal Street is closing this weekend. Go now! It's fabulous. Time permitting, I might go see it again.

And.. the art walk on Julia Street this Saturday night from 6 to 9. I always find that the best exhibits and most interesting work are NOT displayed on White Linen Night or Art for Art's Sake. Get out and support your local artists!

I know I need some mental mitigation from all of these senseless killings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

website stats