The Green Clover

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

FINGERS CROSSED.


I am a sooner than later type of gal.

On Election Day, it's roll out of bed and vote. This year was no different, but imagine my surprise to find the parking lot at my voting precinct packed! I always tend to vote early in the morning and have never experienced this before: people parking blocks away, on sidewalks, behind other cars. It gives me hope.
Of course, aside from making a difference with a vote, it's always great to run into people in the neighborhood, which I always do and always forget I do. This year was no different with my greasy hair, unbrushed teeth and swollen eyes from an unexplainable allergic reaction. But, alas, there's no vanity in voting! And there is no excuse not to. A minute behind those maroon curtains makes all the difference.

Please, everyone get out and vote!

THE BALLOT IS STRONGER THAN THE BULLET - ABE LINCOLN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

website stats